Lightened Up Chocolate Delight
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons evaporated cane juice
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 – 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a 6-cup size muffin pan with cooking spray and sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon evaporated cane juice into each of the muffin slots; shaking and turning to coat. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice, milk, and cocoa in a small saucepan, stirring well with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook 30 seconds or until sugar dissolves; stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add the butter and unsweetened chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Add flour, salt and egg to chocolate mixture, stirring with a whisk just until blended.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons chocolate mixture into each muffin slot and top each with 2 teaspoons chocolate chips.
- Divide the remaining chocolate mixture evenly, spreading to cover the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until barely set.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto dessert plates.
- Serve warm.