Balsamic Green Beans
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Cook green beans for 2 minutes in boiling water; drain.
- Gently toast the walnuts dry in a skillet for 5-6 minutes. Set aside.
- Sweat the onions with the thyme over medium heat in the coconut oil then cook 15 minutes longer or until tender.
- Toss in the cooked green beans and heat through for 2-3 minutes on medium-high.
- Once hot, add the vinegar and cook another 2 minutes; stirring thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Move the mixture from the cooking pan to a serving bowl and add in the walnuts.