Make Your Day Count
Enjoy a weekly infusion of God’s power with Make Your Day Count! Host Lindsay Roberts brings you life-giving TV with inspiring stories, special guests, delicious recipes from Jordan Roberts, and a refreshing time in the Word of God.
Invite your loved ones and friends to tune in along with you!
Check your local TV listings for the latest dates and times, or watch it in our video archives.
In the Kitchen
Richard’s Chicken Jambalaya
- 3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cubed
- Turkey Sausage, Sliced
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 1 Green Or Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Cup Celery, Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, Crushed
- 1/2 – 1 Tsp Cajun Seasoning (To Taste)
- 1 Tsp Cajun Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 Jars Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock, Divided
- 2 Cups Instant White Rice, Cooked
- Coat chicken pieces with flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet; brown chicken and sausage pieces on all sides; remove and set aside.
- In same skillet, add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic; sauté together with Cajun seasoning and hot sauce until vegetables are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 to 1 ½ cups chicken stock.
- Add spaghetti sauce then add a little more Cajun seasoning, if desired.
- Add browned chicken and remaining chicken stock, if needed.
- Cover; let simmer for at least one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked rice.